Motor vehicle accidents are commonplace in the amount of traffic we see every day. These accidents can cause injuries to the driver and other passengers sitting in that vehicle. Shoulder injuries are one of the outcomes that victim suffers, especially the individual who is driving the car. Such injuries can cause serious impairments to the person for a lifetime, and can hinder their normal functioning.
There are some injuries that are discovered later on because of the initial adrenaline rush, shock, and denial. However, as soon as the person start feeling the pain, it is important to seek medical assistance from a licensed Chiropractor in Orange Park who has a specialization in handling shoulder injury cases caused by accidents. You also acquire legal help as some insurance companies deny help, because of late claims. You can hire an attorney in Florida, who can help you with the case while you recover from a shoulder injury.
What are the Symptoms of Shoulder Injuries?
In the case of experiencing any of the following symptoms, you need to seek medical help as soon as possible.
- You are suffering from frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis, if you are feeling the loss of motion range or stiffness in your shoulder.
- If the ball pops out of the socket in your shoulder, it is the sign of a dislocated shoulder. This injury is cured by popping the ball back in the socket and let it heal through icing, sling or rest.
- Feeling a pinch in the shoulder is the sign of a cut or pressed nerve. This indicates numbness in the shoulder.
- Whether you are feeling dull pain, sharp pain, lasting pain or fleeting pain, inform your doctor so they can provide you with medical treatment accordingly.
- The shoulder injury can even require surgery, if it is serious, when ligaments holding the shoulder together tear. If you had experience falling on an outstretched hand or have taken a blow to the shoulder, it is better to get it checked.
- Swelling on the shoulder or the entire arm is also a sign of shoulder injury.
- If there is a change of color on your skin or if you experience coolness, it indicates a lack of blood supply to your arm.
- If you are unable to move your shoulder, because of the pain or torn muscle, it shows weakness in the shoulder.
What to Do in the Case of Serious Injuries to the Shoulder?
Before you figure out what to do in case of serious injuries, it is important to know what constitutes serious injuries. Tearing the labrum and rotator cuffs are two of the major shoulder injuries. They lead to surgeries such as Mini-Open Repair, Open Repair, and All-Arthroscopic Repair. The insurance company offer less reasonable settlement when the injury is serious. In that case, you must go see a doctor first, attorney second. They will not let the insurance company delay, deny or offer you a smaller offer, and get you the compensation you truly deserve.
If you have been injured your shoulder in an auto accident contact Spinal Injury Centers today for all of your Orange Park Chiropractic needs (904) 644-7034.