Causes of Disc Injury
Disc injury occurs when the annular fibers of the disc are torn. Because the inner regions of the annulus lack “pain” innervation, injuries contained to the inner annulus occur without one’s knowledge.
• Uncorrected spinal misalignments
• Prolonged sitting
• Poor postural habits
• Poor lifting habits
• Improper workstation setup and ergonomics
• Improper lifting techniques
• Extended periods of vibratory forces (truck and auto drivers, jack hammer operators, etc.)
• Other factors have been shown to increase the susceptibility of disc injury:
• Inadequate diet and nutrition
• Lack of physical activity
TREATMENT OF DISC INJURIES
Disc injuries respond favorably to chiropractic care. This is because chiropractic treatments focus on the dysfunctional spinal segments and not just the symptoms of the disc injury. Chiropractic treatments provide fast, effective, safe and long lasting relief from disc injuries. This is because the chiropractor’s approach focuses on restoring spinal alignment, spinal function and overall spinal health, which are the primary factors responsible for the development of disc injuries.
Chiropractic doctors are experts in maintaining proper spinal alignment and function, both of which play a critical role in minimizing spinal stresses – the stresses that are responsible for injury and accelerated degenerative processes in spinal discs.Additional Spinal Pain Factors