Jacksonville Migraine Treatment
Migraines can be very debilitating. You might wake up with a migraine and not be able to get out of bed. Maybe your sudden migraines were caused by a car accident or sports injury. No matter the cause, we’re here to help relieve your migraines in Jacksonville.
Our team of medical professionals provides the best treatment options for migraines. You don’t have to spend the rest of your life using prescription drugs just to get rid of the pain. At Spinal Injury Centers, we provide chiropractic care and other treatments that work great for migraines. Our team will help get rid of the pain, no matter how your migraines started.
Call our office today and let us introduce you to the right alternative treatment for your migraines.
What Causes Migraines?
A migraine is a type of headache that comes with severe pain. This pain is often pulsing or throbbing and is usually located on one side of the head. When you suffer from a migraine, it may also cause vomiting, sensitivity to sound and light, or nausea.
For some people, migraines last for just a few hours. Others, they can last days. The pain can be so severe that it’s a chore just to get out of bed. In some cases, warming symptoms also occur, which are called an aura. Some of the most common causes of migraines include:
- Genetics – Sometimes, migraines run in the family.
- Age – While migraines can impact people of all ages, they often start when you’re a teenager and may peak in your 30s.
- Hormonal changes – Migraines can be triggered by a shift in estrogen or a change in medication.
- Emotional stress – It’s also common for emotional stress to trigger migraine headaches.
- Specific foods – Another cause of migraines might be a specific type of food, such as aged cheese or MSG.
- Change in weather – When the weather changes outside, it can trigger a migraine.
- Sleep pattern changes – If you changed your sleep patterns, you might trigger a headache.
Women are about three times more likely to get migraines than men are, as well. Many things can trigger a migraine headache, and it’s not the same for everybody.
It’s also possible you could have been in a car accident, suffered a fall, or been injured playing sports. Sometimes, injuries can change your body in a way that you start to suffer from migraines. No matter the cause of your migraines, we’re ready to help get rid of the pain.
Using Chiropractic Treatment for Migraines in Jacksonville, FL
Sometimes you get a migraine once in a while, and other times it seems like they pop up every day. Whether you’re suffering from chronic migraine pain or it’s just occasional, we can help. Schedule an appointment for the right chiropractic treatment to help you get the relief you desire.
We will provide an in-depth evaluation and look at what is causing your migraines. Then, we will put together a treatment plan specifically for your needs. With the right chiropractic care in Jacksonville, you can gain the short-term and long-term migraine relief you desire.